RCMP’s proposal is titled Program. This project meets Makigiaqta’s SPA #3 – Foundational Skills Development Opportunities for Adults.
Community of Training – 10 Participants in Iqaluit and Regina, Sask.
Start and End – January 2020 to December 2020
V Division RCMP – RCMP Assisted Application Entrance Program
- to provide literacy and numeracy skills required to be successfully pass the entrance exam, the RCMP Police Aptitude Test (RPAT)
- driver training, first aid, fire arms training and mental health knowledge training
- in prepare for employment as RCMP officers.
- allow for a culturally-competent police service delivery
- improve public engagement with the RCMP
- serve as role models for Nunavut Youth and
- as mentors for their Southern counterparts who transfer to Nunavut for a Northern Rotation
- The RCMP, in turn offers a place of employment that values cultural connection and would nurture Inuit members engaging with their land, people and culture through police work
- Increase Inuit employment as RCMP officers in Nunavut
Cpl. Dmitri Malakhov